Understanding the interconnectedness of societies worldwide and the importance of civic engagement; awareness of community needs; view of self as a member of the global community; participation in governance systems; awareness of how decisions affect society as a whole; care and concern for others.
Examples of achievement include (but are not limited to):
- Articulating one’s role in a global society.
- Understanding and participating in relevant governance systems.
- Demonstrating effective stewardship of human, economic and environmental resources.
- Actively engaging in service learning.
- Facilitating the civic engagement of others.
- Embracing an individual and collective responsibility to live, learn, and contribute within an ever growing diverse universe.